Thanks to many people’s dedication to the children of Haiti, we finished 2013 strong and with excitement for 2014. VisionTrust believes it’s important for our valued supporters to know how we’re serving these children at every step along the way. So, I want to share with you our goals as even more children are growing to live for God and love others this year.
Spiritual Development Goals
- Distribution of the Story of Jesus—a comic-book style version of the Gospel narrative—in Creole to every child we serve by the end of the year.
- Continued intervention and prayer for children and families involved in Voodoo.
- Create and sustain a mentoring relationship with students and graduates at the local seminary.
- Continue with student-led outreach opportunities, where our students in Montrouis reach out to new communities like Coupon.
- Increase the age range of children we serve—our programs currently consist of Pre-K through 6th grade, and we hope to grow to 8th grade this year and eventually high school.
- Improve the national exam pass rate.
- Enroll Haiti’s first Higher Education Learning Program (HELP) students.
- Engage parents as volunteer teachers aides and job skills trainees.
- Create a late-bloomers class for children who started school at a late age.
- Complete the construction that has begun on school buildings in Grand Savann and Montrouis.
- Further engage a medical clinic partnership that has formed through a church in Grand Savann.
- Begin small plot farms that will be worked by the children and families in our projects, providing them with not only fresh food but agriculture skills.
- Implement a water quality plan in Grand Savann, to include new latrines and a water filtration system.
Be on the lookout for more details about these exciting opportunities and how you can be involved in the upcoming months!