Earlier this year, we shared with you our need to purchase land for our growing Learning Center in Cruz Blanca, Guatemala. Since then, so much progress has been made toward making that a reality, and we wanted to share that with you.
Right now, the VisionTrust staff is looking at a 2.6-acre piece of property just off the main street in Cruz Blanca. Purchasing and developing this piece of property is a long-term project that will take foresight, detailed planning and various stages of land development. The first step is to secure the necessary funding and purchase the land. The second step is to outline a strategic plan that will enable the VisionTrust Guatemala staff to develop and utilize the land to its fullest potential. The following list highlights our proposed stages of development.
- A perimeter fence to secure the property as well as the construction of facilities to host preschool and primary school classes.
- Construction of a multi-purpose building for the high school students that would host vocational classes, adult literacy classes, and church services and gatherings.
- A community garden and soccer field for the children and families of Cruz Blanca.
- The construction of buildings to rent to retailers along the front and side streets to generate sustainable income for the Learning Center program.
- The building of a guest house with office spaces that will accommodate short-term mission team members who come to serve in the village. The housing would be rented to visiting groups to cover utilities, security, and to make a small margin for the operating income.
As you can see, the need is big—but the vision is cast and the opportunity is here. Please be in prayer for us as we take on this big endeavor to help Rut and her staff as they work to see as many children as possible live for God and love others. If you’d like to financially help us meet this goal, you can give online here.