Ybelise, one of our local heroes, brings us this update from Herrera.
We praise the Lord for what he is doing in our program, after a very difficult month in March, the reconciliation process is advancing well. We can see the staff and students had learn a lot and we are looking forward to a great end of the school year.
A GREAT victory we had in the 8th grade this month- 7 of the students made their decision for Christ. The teacher in charge of that class has been very intentional about teaching the salvation plan, and the need of the Holy Spirit in you, and in a chapel where one of our former students, Edward, was the guest speaker they came to receive Jesus. It was a double celebration, because we can see how the Lord is using Edward to bring the gospel message in many places, and some students also publicly received Jesus, it was a great day. Our school is “decorated” with many signs on every wall with many Bible verses, words of encouragements, advices and the rules of the school. Please pray with us, so the students will memorize and remember those as they grow in our program.
Two of our staff lost a relative this month, Antonia’s father and Alexandra’s brother. Please pray for them.
In our school we appreciate the visit of the medical team. It is always a blessing for our children and their families to have the students being evaluated and detect any problems in their health early. The training on hand washing and germs was very good. Thank you. We are really looking forward to the end of this school year and the beginning of the exams in a few weeks, please remember to pray for the 12th graders and the 8th graders as they need to take the national exams. Our school has been on very good status on those national exams, we hope to keep the good record.
Top Praises to God:
- 7 students that received the Lord. BIG praise!!
- The school was able to present all the necessary documentation on time for the national exams, all the requirements were met.
- Teacher Yohanny from 6th grade had her baby boy. It was all good.
- We praise the Lord for the environment of peace and love that is growing in our school.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for two boys whose father died recently. They are relatives of teacher Alexandra.
- Please pray for Alexandra and Antonia, two of our teachers that are sad for the pass away of their loves ones.
- For the students that came to Christ this month, so they continue to grow in their faith.
- For the exams of the students—especially 8th and 12th graders.
- Continue to pray for a quick and positive resolution on the request before the government. There are good signs but we want to continue to pray for it.