Ybelise Pena Rivas, the Principal at Herrera school brings us this exciting update for February.
What a great month February was for our project! We are super excited to share with you the great news of 11 of our students from 5th and 6th grade received the Lord in their heart this month as their teachers were sharing the gospel with them. With tears and a very special time, these students came to the Lord—it was an amazing moment. The students that will graduate this year have a beautiful presentation of their group—the name they’ve chosen for their prom is “renovated teens” (in English). This is a very good sign, we know that many of them after all these years had been transformed by the word, we are blessed to know this is the name they want to call themselves.
We’ve been progressing with the conversations with the local government for some help for our school. This time, it does look like something is going to happen for good. We are very excited with our new kitchen, it is really beautiful and inspirational. We are very thankful for those who made it possible. As you know February is a very special month for the Dominicans, because of the celebration of the independence. Our students prepared many special presentations during the entire month. Parents and friends were very impressed by the presentations—our children love to be Dominicans. Please pray for the parents of the students, many of them are not being responsible with their contribution and we face difficulties every month.
Top 5 Praises to God:
- 11 children gave their lives to Christ this month!
- The maturity that we witness on the students when we talk about the Bible subjects.
- Two of our teachers that were on medical license because of accidents they had, are back in the school—thanks to those who prayed.
- Because the 12th grade students are very excited for their graduation and celebrated a beautiful presentation of their promotion theme.
- We are very excited to know that some students were sponsored this month too.
Top 5 Prayer Requests
- Pray for a quick and positive resolution on the request before the government. There are good signs but we want to continue to pray for it.
- For more children to be sponsored so we can eliminate the gap in our budget.
- Please pray for the staff of the school; some are ill.
- Many of the parents of the children are jobless and that also shows in the school budgets and their own families.
- Our neighborhood is getting more violent with the growth of gang, please pray for protection.