Please join us in praying over this update from Ybelise Peña Rivas, the Principal at Herrera School.
March has been a very difficult month. We came from a glorious month in February with children coming to the Lord, to a month now in March with a lot challenges. I want to ask your special prayers for our program, as we are working really hard to reconcile with teachers, students, and parents. We experienced a very sad situation the first days in March where some students were protesting mainly because some of the teachers were not allowed in the school late. That problem also has helped us to see that our teachers had difficulties among themselves and with the principal office. Some parents and students also took the opportunity to express their concerns. We’ve been in a numerous meetings all month long and will continue until the end of this week. We are hoping to see a big change after the Easter break. Please pray for wisdom and discernment.
On the other hand, we want to thank the Lord because our prayers for peace in this area have been answered— the neighborhood feels safer and it’s been a while since we hear of major problems. Two of our teachers need your prayers. Yohanny, the Spanish teacher is giving birth to her 5th child in a few days (it is a boy), and teacher Monica is suffering of anemia—a few days ago she passed out while teaching.
Another good news is that registration for the pre-school level (maternal 3 years old) is open now, and as usual we have more requests than we can take. Please pray with us for wisdom to determine who really needs the help to be accepted in the school.
We praise the Lord for the new sponsors, this is a BIG answer to our prayers. The parents are still slow at paying their tuition. We hope this will be better soon.
Top 5 Praises to God:
- We praise the Lord because he answered our prayer for a much safer neighborhood.
- Because we are closer than ever to get the government to support our school.
- The teacher who will substitute the Spanish teacher because of her new baby born is a wonderful woman of God. She will be with the students until the end of the school year.
- The children in Kindergarten are showing great progress- the teacher is doing a great job.
- Our teacher Antonia who had an accident recently, is recovering very well and is back in the school.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- Pray for our teachers Yohanny (giving birth in few days) and Monica who is suffering of high anemia.
- The mother of one of our children- she had a thrombosis a few days ago.
- A boy in our project is recovering at home after a small surgery.
- Pray for a quick and positive resolution on the request before the government. There are good sign but we want to continue to pray for it.
- Pray hard for a good reconciliation between everybody at the school.