We’re excited to share this update with you from Milagros, our local hero at Cotui.
Hello dear friends of VisionTrust and all the people that support our program, God bless you. I want to express my thankfulness to Dr. Jill, Sue and Audrey for their visit to our program early this month, their idea and all their share with us has been a great inspiration for us. The simple ideas on how to motivate the students to wash their hands and take care of their personal hygiene was awesome. Many of our children suffer of diarrhea, fever, the cold and other diseases, with her help we hope to reduce this significantly.
We also had a beautiful celebration for the day of the love and friendship. All the students exchanged a small craft they made with their friends—that was a good opportunity to teach them about the eternal love of Jesus. It was a beautiful day. The students of 8th grade got together as a group and purchased some cake and drinks. I was bless to see how they had their own initiative. We’ve been able to save some funds and order the new partitions of the restrooms and other items, they look great! At the end of the month I was personally very excited to know that more children got sponsored recently and that we will start the water purification plan installation this month. This is a great answer to our prayers. A child in our program prayed with me to receive The Lord! Praises to The Lord! Thank you, I send my special greetings to all of you who are contributing to make this big dream come true. Blessings from the Lord.
Top 5 Praises to God:
- We praise the Lord for all the information and motivation from the doctors about hygiene.
- Because the children are responding very well to the instructions of washing their hands before each meal.
- Because the parents of the children are also responding to our calls and come to help and meet with us.
- Because the group of the youth coming to play at the gym is growing.
- We praise the Lord because we were able to install the new partitions of the restrooms.
Top 5 Prayer Requests
- Pray for me, (Milagros), strength and wisdom, many of the students are getting big now and I need to be equipped to serve them better.
- Please pray for my mother, she is not feeling well. Pray for her health.
- Please pray for the youth that is now coming for all over to play at the center, so they meet Jesus.
- For the staff so they continue to understand and apply the vision.
- For all the needs we still have like, the next 4 classrooms where we can have the computer room and office for the director.