We feel blessed to bring you this update from Angela Alcantara, one of our local heroes at Comendador.
In Comendador, the hands of the Lord are with us, and we can see He is at work in our place. After many months of intense work we can see the result in the behavior of the students. Many of our children came with a very difficult behavior and sometimes they got the other students to misbehave also, BUT today we see the change in three students who are doing much better now than they were before!
We are glad to let you know that we were able to purchase a small freezer for our center, it takes time to be able to do things like this. It has been a blessing to be able, for the first time, to save some things for a few days. Our students, even though most of them are very young, they were very excited for the celebrations this month, like the valentine day—we call it the day of love and friendship and the celebration of our independence. Special craft and song were prepared for the occasion.
A movie about the life of Joseph was presented to some of the older students, (using a small tv) but it was very encouraging. We want to be able to do more of this types of activities. Also our staff is praying intentionally for all the needs we have; we know God will respond in His time.
Thanks for all of your special support for us.
Top 5 Praises to God:
- We had a special class of Psychological attention to children, this has been very helpful.
- The change in the behavior and health condition of the children.
- We are very excited for the food program improvements, this is impacting the children a lot.
- Marianela Porte is a new teacher who is helping us greatly in the center, we praise the Lord for her passion and desire.
- For all that we were able to accomplish this month, each day is a miracle.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- We want to include in our prayers to purchase the land by our school to expand.
- Please pray for our staff, so they continue to serve the Lord in this place with joy.
- Our school needs a lot of thing, please pray for a quick response to all that we need to improve the education.
- Please pray for our pastors, for wisdom and strength
- For the families of the children, so they stay united.