We’re excited to share this update with you from Angela Alcantara, our local hero at Comendador.
We are so happy for the way we were able to close the year 2013, with such a great celebration with all the students and some of their parents. We were all so happy because for many of the children in our program this is probably the only Christmas dinner they will have—we made sure all the students took back home some grape and apples, typical Dominican food for Christmas. It was a very special time, thank you VisionTrust for making this possible.
For us in Comendador, it was a big challenge to go to the retreat for the staff, but it worth every hour of travel back and forward. This was a great time to refresh in our vision of living for God and loving others. The whole staff is transformed and inspired by all that was shared there.
This year we were also surprised by a donation from the school district. They brought 10 seats for the pre-school, 5 students desk, 4 tables, and a bench. This is amazing! Also a sister from the church, Marianela, who is psychologist offered for free to help us with the students and already share with the staff about how to treat the students, making sure we follow the right procedures. God is answering all our needs. Thanks.
Top 5 Praises to God:
- We are very encouraged by all that we learned in the teacher retreat.
- For the integration of Marianela to help us. This is going to be very beneficial for all the students and the staff.
- For the donation we received from the school district. This was a good surprise.
- We worship the Lord for the great Christmas celebration!
- Because all the students came back after the holidays.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- We want to include in our prayers to purchase the land by our school to expand.
- Please pray for our staff, so they continue to serve the Lord in this place with joy.
- Our school needs a lot of things; please pray for a quick response to all that we need to improve the education.
- Please pray for our pastors, for wisdom and strength
- For the families of the children, so they stay united.