Francisca Montero, one of our local heroes, brings us this exciting update from Sabana Perdida!
We praise the Lord because His love and protection was with all of our children during the week of Easter. It was a long break, but praise God all the children came back ok. That week in our country is known for the number of accidents and death that occur as people are driving long distances to get to their families and they drink as they drive. But praise God all we got in the school was the happiness of all the children returning. As many of the students share their stories with us, we can tell that they remember what they’ve been learning here, to live for God and love others.
We are very blessed with the visit of our friends from the medical team, we send the blessings of the Lord to them and their families. Their love and care was obvious to all the staff and we had a wonderful time teaching the children about hand washing, hygiene and checking them in general.
A very big highlight this month was a campaign we had to preach the gospel in our neighborhood and the children of the school were the ones doing it. It was very successful!
Top 5 Praises to God:
- For the gospel campaign our children did, it was a great success and they are all very excited.
- Because the father of a child in 5th grade was very ill, and the Lord healed him.
- Because the supervision process of the school is going well, we are just expecting for a meeting to receive our credentials.
- We praise the Lord for our staff because they are really dedicated to serving the children.
- The medical team that visited us, they are a big blessing for us.
Top Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for our teacher Elizabeth Ramirez, her doctor thinks her cancer is returning.
- Many children are presenting prayer request- a child whose mother is very sick with high fever; a girl whose father needs a job urgently.
- A boy who expressed many ways that he believes his family doesn’t care about him, he is very sad.
- For the miracle of more space for the school.
- For a vehicle that we can use to transport the students when they come to church.
- For all of our children who are having family issues.