Enjoy this wonderful update from Francisca Montero, one of our local heroes at Sabana Perdida.
First on this report, we want to say thank you to Dan (señor calve) and the visitors from PEPC church this month. We are blessed to know there are real people out there praying for us and truly interested in our children and entire community. Thanks for coming to meet with us.
We are happy because many of our prayer requests had been answered, like the recovery of one of our children who was very ill- now he is fine. Also the family of another child from pre-school who has been suffering a lot because his family split, now the parents are back together and he is so happy. Two sisters are back in the community and back to our school. We can see how the Lord is in control of every circumstance. I want to ask for your prayers for the violence in our community, it has raised recently and many of the families of our children are having serious difficulties. One of our students, a 14-year-old teenager and a 7th grader were a victim of the violence when some people wanted to take his hat and harm him with a piece of glass. On a separate note, the “Living for God and Loving Others” theme is still giving a lot of fruit in our school; we can see the huge change in the children as they understand more about the subjects we teach them. Thank you for all your great support. Much blessings.
Top 5 Praises:
- We are happy for the answers to the prayers about the children that were ill and now are fine. Also for the families that are reuniting.
- For the change in the students as they learn more about living for God and loving others.
- The father of a child—we’ve been praying for him, his treatment is going well.
- For the visits to VisionTrust staff and donors, this is always very special.
- Because the Lord protects our children in the middle of this dangerous community
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- In March we are expecting another visit from the district of education, we want everything to be ok so we can get our credentials.
- Please pray for teacher Elisa Diaz, her teenage daughter is having a crisis these days.
- The parents of a child in our school—they are separated and he is suffering a lot.
- For a 10 year old girl—she want to meet her biological father, she suffers because of this.
- For the community, the violence, for protection for our children.