Thank you for taking time to read and pray over this update from Francisca Montero, our local hero at Sabana Perdida.
We praise the Lord, He is always with us, in good times and in bad times! December 19th was a day the parents of the children were very surprised, the reason is because there was a very beautiful Christmas program that was prepared by the children and their teachers and many of the parents were very surprised to see what their own children were able to do, memorize and act so well. We were blessed by this richly.
We give thanks to the Lord because also many of the children that were ill during December returned well to the school, we always rejoice to see the children come back after a big break like we have for Christmas.
Please pray for the families that are represented in the school, some of the children are sad because their parents are separating, they are very worried. There are many single moms in our area, this is really affecting some of our loved children.
We have in our heart the desire to expand the school program for some children, about 25 or 30 to stay during the whole day. These are children who we know go home after the school time and there is nobody home or not food. Please help us pray for this plan.
We praise the Lord for the beautiful teaching time we had the 17 and 18 of January; we all came renewed. God bless Mona, Betsy, Melanie and Lisa. May God continue to use them in such a rich way.
Top Praises to God:
- We praise the Lord because a child who was very ill, recently went to the doctor and it was confirmed that everything is fine with her.
- A girl in our program was praising the Lord because she began to pray for her parents. They were always arguing and had problems, but now she can see the difference.
- We praise the Lord for the teacher retreat, it was really special.
- The children of 5th grade are really showing results of their discipleship, we hear them share with the other students how they now learn to choose their friends.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- Continue to pray for our credentials. More evaluation is needed. Pray for success.
- Please pray for the father of one of our children—he is presenting some emotional problems and this is affecting the child.
- One of our children suffers much because he can’t be with his mother.
- Pray for the violence in the area of the school, sometimes it is very dangerous.
- Many of the families are without jobs and this is difficult for the children too.