Maria Antoine, one of our local heroes, brings us this praise-filled update from Ensanche Altagracia.
With great joy we are celebrating the visit of the medical team. It’s been 4 years since the last time we had a visit like that—it was amazing! They taught us so much about germs, hand washing and general hygiene. Also they evaluated around children to see how they are growing. It was fantastic to have them here! Thank you.
Our Easter week celebration was also very good. It was a time to teach our students again about the meaning of Jesus’ sacrifice for us, the children were very excited to participate in all the activities. Because of Easter week, we also had a time to teach the students how to prevent accidents that are very frequent in those days. April was a great month and we can see how the Lord is providing for our needs.
Please pray for the family of a boy in our program. They are all infected with a virus known as chicunyuya, similar to dengue fever. They are very worried. Blessings.
Top 5 Praises to God:
- 5 children received Christ this month!
- Special thanks to God for the medical team that visited us.
- Because even though we have many challenges, we see our Lord is with us and he is taking care of us.
- Because none of our children was involved in accidents during the Easter week.
- For all the donations the team brought and the kits for the children.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for the children and their exams. Especially 6th and 7th graders.
- For the children that received the Lord so they keep on growing in Jesus.
- Please pray for our neighbors, sometimes they forget this is a school and want the children be silent.
- Some of our students lost their parents this month.
- Continue to pry for my daughter and her skin problem.