Sonia, one of our local heroes, brings us this exciting update from La Represa.
We are very thankful for all the supporters of our ministry, may the Lord bless you and your families. We appreciate the work that both teams that visited us last month did in our community. The youth did a great job and blessed a lot of people. Also the medical team was a blessing. Thank you. The work that the American missionaries who live in La Represa are doing to complete the library is great. We are looking at creating a better place for the children to do their homework and they are doing it with care and love. We can see their passion and desire to do an excellent job. Some children this month left the program for several reasons, but other joined at the same time.
I want to ask you a very specific prayer request, because of Easter, our community receives a thousand of people every day who come to enjoy the fresh water river, families, individuals and a lot of people come. Our road gets very congested, many people drunk, violence arises, and frequently some members of our community get in trouble. In some cases it’s been parents of our children or the children themselves, please pray for protection.
More children are responding “yes” to Jesus. It is our prayer to see them all come to the Lord, thanks for your prayers on this too. Blessings and for those at New Vision church, see you soon!!
Top 5 Praises to God:
- We praise the Lord for the blessings we received with the teams that came last month. It is always a blessing.
- For the library and the work to remodel it.
- Because we were evaluated as a school and approved to be helped by the government, we are just waiting for some final steps.
- Because more children are receiving the Lord in their heart.
- The children are receiving the Lord and are involved in church and serving with us.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- For the Easter time in our community, for protection.
- For the behavior of our students. We are facing some challenges.
- Pray for the new children that received the Lord in their heart. So they can grow strong in the Lord.
- Please pray for the 8th grade students, this is the first time we teach 8th grade and they will be taking the national exams— we want excellence.
- For the final step of the help from the government.