Eduardo and Yenys, local heroes at Remar, have shared this update with us.
We are so blessed in Remar- we praise the Lord because He takes care of us. We never though that by putting a sign out of the SANISI house we would get so many people involved and helping us. The Hotel Quality recently visited us and painted the home and had promised to donate a lot of supplies for the house, kitchen and bedrooms. It is amazing! Another FreeZone company came and also helps us paint another of the house and donated wall and ceiling fans. They will come back to install them. They are very excited. This month of March we had the special visit of our international leaders for Remar. They supervised the work here and also the work in Haiti. It is always refreshing to have them visit us and bring their love and care. From the Ministry of Health we got the good news that the retrovirals for the HIV children are here. It’s been hard because of a delay in the delivery but now we are ok.
We’ve been informed recently that a very old request we presented to the government for some land, has been positively answered and now we have a BIG portion of land that we are responsible of. By now we are looking at ways to create a farm and plant some fruit and vegetables, maybe sometime be able to build something there too. Praise God!
Top Praises 5 to God:
- We praise the Lord because He provides what we need. The food help is really making a difference.
- We are very thankful for the week of the gospel that we celebrated. We will continue now in April before Easter to reinforce the gospel message in the children.
- We are happy to see how the health of many of the children is improving.
- We have BIG problems with the customs office in the Dominican Republic because of previous administration mistakes but we can see some doors are opening for a solution.
- Thanks to the Lord because in HIS time, He provides all that we need.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- Please help us pray for a good resolution with the customs office. They claim we have a debt of almost 2 million pesos ( 50,000 dollars)
- Please pray for a child in our project. He is HIV positive, has Epilepsy and this month he was in the hospital for 2 weeks. He is back home but is not doing well.
- Helps us pray for the credentials of the school.
- Please help us pray for those children that are sick, and for those showing small problems too.
- Some children in our program have issues, they came from broken homes, abusive homes, please pray for them.