Esther, one of our local heroes, brings us this praise-filled update from Las Brisas.
Hello and blessings from the Lord. April was a good month, we praise the Lord for all He is doing in our children. This month we worked with the children in many areas, teaching them that we can do everything with God in us. We projected some videos that were really impactful to them. One of them was the testimony of a man call Tony Mendez who has no arms and yet he is a great guitar player. Also the testimony of Nick, no arms no legs, and all he is able to do despite his physical disabilities. So we tried to show the students how they can also overcome all their difficulties and become all that God has in plan for them. It was a great time.
One student participated in an international Karate championship and he got the silver medal, this is a great celebration for us!
We also participated in the contest about painting for Easter and how the sacrifices of Jesus impacted their life. Our children did a great job and we were excited to see how much they had progressed in their knowledge about Jesus and the Bible. We praise the Lord because we can feel the Holly Spirit in our project, He is leading us in all we do. Please continue to pray so we can get more children in the program, the need is great!
Top 5 Praises to God:
- For the great time our children had on Easter and for the protection God gave them.
- For the obvious spiritual growth of the children.
- Because many of our children were ill and now they are doing much better.
- We can see significant improvement in the behavior of the children.
- Many of the children are also attending the local churches in the area. Great reports are coming back to us.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- We need the wisdom to lead and run this program.
- Please pray for our staff, they need strength and patience to work with the children.
- Pray for our community, it is very dangerous for some of the children.
- For the rest of the kitchen appliances we need.
- For transportation (a vehicle) for the staff that live in other place.