Esther, one of our local heroes, brings us this update from Las Brisas.
Thanks to all the donors that are contributing with their resources to keep this door open for the neediest children in Brisas. We are very thankful for all you do. Our children are each day more excited to come to the program, one good reason is because we’ve been able to increase and improve the type of meals they get. It is sometimes hard to say, but we have to admit that food brings the children. They are expecting the moment they will enjoy what has been cooked that day. Now that we have a stove and many other kitchen utensils we are able to actually cook, so they are enjoying a much better menu each week.
We can also see the growth in the faith of the children, they are learning many Bible verses and the applications to their life. We have many children who are visiting us regularly, they want to be part of the program but we have no more room. Please pray for more sponsors to reduce the gap.
Top 5 Praises to God:
- We are happy to see the children are coming on time to the center.
- For the HUGE change in the food program. It is a blessing.
- Many of the children are also attending the local churches in the area. Great reports are coming back to us.
- We meet with the staff and have a prayer time each day before the children come, many of the children are coming earlier to be part of the prayer. This is exciting.
- We can see how many children that were very shy, are now having more participation in class, they want to show how much they are learning.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- We need the wisdom to lead and run this program.
- Please pray for our staff, they need strength and patience to work with the children.
- Pray for our community, it is very dangerous for some of the children.
- For the rest of the kitchen appliances we need.
- For transportation (a vehicle) for the staff that live in other places.