Thank you for reading this exciting update from Ketty and Maria in the Dominican Republic!
My heart is rejoicing as I confirm that Jesus is every day with us; He is who gives us favor and bless our life. I also want to thank VisionTrust and the sponsors of UBC for your love and support to make all of this possible. As you know, we’ve been waiting now for 2 months for the day when our brand new kitchen that was promised to us by a local newspaper administration is actually going to happen. This month of February many times several workers had come to the house to confirm the measurements, take pictures of the actual kitchen, and all smile when I ask them when the work will be done. I can see they are working on it and so far the say the inauguration day is March 20th. So keep up your prayers, it looks like it is going to be something very special.
Noelia was part of a selected group of students that were trained by Dr. Jill and her team to talk about hygiene and germs etc. I am happy for her, she has been trying to implement some of the lessons at the house and is looking forward to visit other places and help too. This is a great opportunity. Please pray with us for a water filter for the water in our cistern, sometimes that water is not good and our girls suffer of infections and other skin problems and for our beds. We need new beds soon! Thank you! Blessings.
Top 5 Praises to God:
- The girls are doing so well in church, now they are trying to develop a worship team and a dance team. They are really motivated.
- We are happy to see how our girls keep improving in their behavior. They are getting older and behave much better.
- The celebration of our independence at the school had a very special touch with the girls of the house, they did special dramas, poems, and song.
- The Lord is providing for our needs, He is our help.
- For Ketty’s health. She is doing much better and also many of the girls too.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- URGENT! We would like to have a water filter for all the water we use in the house.
- For Noelia, as she is trying to improve the hygiene habits of all at home.
- We need the Lord to provide transportation for ALL the girls, right now all they have is Maria’s husband minivan to transport themselves.
- We would like to move the older girls to another house, maybe we can purchase the house next to us and have more space for all the girls.
- Pray for Miguel’s health, he needs heart surgery.