We’re excited to share an update from Maria Noesi and Ketty Figueroa, our Local Heroes at Ketty’s House.
We praise the Lord because he shows us his love and compassion every day. For our family at Ketty’s house, the Christmas celebration is always very special, it is a big dinner and a big table, is a time to remember the birth of Jesus as a whole family and a time to praise Him for all his good to us. We are very thankful we were able to celebrate it again this year.
During Christmas we were talking about forgiveness as part of loving others, it is hard for some of the girls to think about forgiving those people that hurt them so bad in the past. Please pray with us, so they all get to a point of confess forgiveness for all.
We are excited as it might be very soon when the new kitchen will be completed, the people who are going to donate it all already came to take all the measurement and they keep telling us they are working on it. We hope this will be true soon. It was very special for us to participate with all the staff of VisionTrust in the training, we have good friends in the programs and it was good to see them, glad that Ketty was able to attend too. We came back better equip to teach how to live for God and love others. It was very special to hear the testimony of one of the ladies teaching, how she had to surrender all to Jesus when her own daughter had a really sad experience similar to what some of our girls had in the past. Thank you!
Top Praises to God:
- We are happy to see how our girls keep improving in their behavior. They are getting older and behave much better.
- The school teachers keep telling us that our girls are doing really well in school, when we see the reports we confirm it. It is very exciting to see this.
- There is enthusiasm in some of the girls to be part of the worship team at church and part of the dance team at church, they want to be involved.
- We were blessed this month with donation of food, with that and the VisionTrust help we are covered for food. Praise the Lord.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- Please pray with us for one of our girls. She is the only girl in the house that really causes a lot of problems, she is not improving and her behavior is bad. We would like to find another place for her to be.
- URGENT! We would like to have a water filter for all the water we use in the house.
- A team bought 2 tables, we need more and new plastic chairs.
- We need the Lord to provide a transportation for ALL the girls. Right now all they have is Maria’s husband minivan to transport themselves.
- We would like to move the older girls to another house, maybe we can purchase the house next to us and have more space for all the girls.