There are so many exciting things happening in our programs in Guatemala to be thankful for. Just to name a few:
- Last year, we opened a new VisionTrust Guatemala Learning Center in the Villa Canales community.
- We’ve added 100 children to the La Comunidad Learning Center since it opened in 2013.
- We launched the Dream Factory for local moms where they can learn how to read and write.
- This year we are serving over 300 children at the Cruz Blanca Learning Center and have three new local teachers that are doing a fantastic job.
- In total, we are helping 600 impoverished children through three Learning Centers in Guatemala!
Our local National Director, Rut Chamale, has a dream to reach 1,000 children and their families in the community of Cruz Blanca. (Check out this video to hear more about Rut’s vision.) But the facility we’ve been renting has barely enough space for the 300 children currently served there. On top of that, the property owner has increased the rent every year.
This year, with the assistance of a generous donor, VisionTrust Guatemala has been given an amazing opportunity to move into a new rental facility that can hold 1,000 children. The ultimate dream is to buy land where we can expand our reach, not only to more children but also further within the community. However, until God provides the funding, we will continue to grow the number of children served at the Cruz Blanca Learning Center by moving to a bigger facility.
I’m excited to report that we have successfully moved into this new rental!
One of the main reasons staff and children alike are excited about the new facility is because of its LOCATION! The new rental is located right next to the land we are fundraising for. This means that the children will have an easier transition to the VisionTrust property once the land is purchased and buildings built. This also means that as we build, short term mission teams can go between the rental facility and property while building and hosting VBS.
God’s plans are not our plans—we didn’t have this rental opportunity last year—but it is clearly a blessing to our staff and children in the Cruz Blanca community while we continue to raise funds for a permanent location.
Land purchase update
To date, $36,000 has been raised toward the $250,000 goal. A special thank you to each of you who contributed toward this dream. Please consider a gift this year to help us get closer to our goal and be able to purchase this property.
Thank you for your prayers and support!