We are excited to bring you this update from Tila, our National Director in Malawi.
God makes a way where there is no way. And so our achievements are beyond our imaginations, our expectations fully focused on God’s ability to transform human effort into impact; change of a generation and community. We are thankful to God for providing uniforms to the 50 primary school kids and the deworming session that took place with all supported kids; 92 at the moment. Seeing the community in full swing, hungry to support initiatives is reason to bow down and thank the Lord. We remain reminded of serving “as slaves of all” willing to renew our calling.
Top 5 Praises to God:
- We thank God for a child who was previously sick but now her condition has improved quite tremendously in the past month. She now attends school and visits the center with the rest of the primary school kids. We will take her for follow up checkup in April 2014, but must be thankful to the Lord for how she looks now; happy and energetic.
- We praise the Lord each day for the meals that have greatly been enhanced and the standards in nutrition that have improved. The kids take multi-vitamin tablets and this has led to a clear change in their physical outlook and nutritional being.
- The Lord for making available medication for ringworms and availing hospital staff to enable us have the center kids dewormed. The kids have fungal ointment applied for fungal infections daily and clear indications are that all kids will be clear of fungal and other skin infections by the end of first week for April 2014. We also have provided soap for the kids weekly and cleanliness of the kids has greatly improved.
- The number of women saving cash in groups has increased to 35 with savings accumulating to equivalent of U.S. $446.50. We also have been able to link these women to Opportunity Investment Bank who have expertise in handling development of rural women and also teaching of personal hygiene. We are hopeful that with the Lord guiding in this kind of direction, change may come slowly but in due time and be meaningful and sustainable. (These are the same group of women participating in our farming initiative.)
- The understanding of authorities that meaningful change at the primary school needs a thorough analysis of all elements affecting child performance. We have liaised with authorities to have interest in the plight of kids at the primary and the future of the community in general by reforming the administrative structure at the school. Please pray with us so this is real.
- The kids being able to recite John 3:16 and Proverbs 3:1 in English by heart and all mastering the Lord’s prayer.
Top 5 Prayer Requests:
- Travel documents passport of Mr. Howa be processed in time.
- Continued improvement in health and well-being of kids.
- The change in situation at the primary school to create conducive environment for development.
- That all members of staff in Malawi get guided by the Lord to see, hear and do as He wills.
- For good health and strengthened families of those running the program.