“And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
We are blown away by the love that you have poured out for the people of Sierra Leone—what a wonderful testament to the power of God’s people uniting to serve brothers and sisters in-need. Together, we were able to raise just over $8,250 for Sierra Leone. Here is a recap of how you have served our partner community:
- Our Local Heroes fed children who lost their parents in the mudslides.
- Fifty-eight families were provided with Sawyer water filters and appropriate training to help them maintain these clean water sources.
Thank you for supporting Sierra Leone both financially and through prayer. As the people of Sierra Leone work toward recovery, our Local Heroes are asking for prayer for the following:
- For peace, prosperity, and blessings on the land
- That the Lord would raise more national leaders after His heart
- Healing for those affected by this tragedy
We are now 30% of the way to our goal of providing 300 relief kits!
Last Sunday, because of your generosity, our local partners in Sierra Leone were able to feed children who lost their parents in the landslide. Although this is a tragic situation, we hope that you’ll be encouraged by these photos from the gathering, and that you’ll continue to share updates on social media.
It’s not too late to join our relief and recovery efforts. The road to restoration will be long and hard–but you can lend a helping hand! By donating a relief kit today, you can provide essential needs to kids and families who have lost everything.
You can also help by praying, especially for the endurance, peace, and wisdom of our local partners in Sierra Leone. Thank you for your continued support of this community.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support for Sierra Leone. Because of you, we are now roughly 20% of the way to our goal of providing 300 relief kits!
Right now, 50 Sawyer water filters are on their way to help with the immediate need for clean water. However, the people of Sierra Leone still need your help.
Thousands of people remain displaced amidst continuous rainfall, making shelter the most urgent concern. Would you help us reach our goal of providing 300 relief kits for the most vulnerable families and children?
For $63, you can help families and children survive by providing the things they need most right now, such as shelter materials, food, clean water, and hygiene supplies. (Please be sure to designate your donation to “Sierra Leone Relief.”) You can also join us by spreading the word to your friends, co-workers, church, and on social media.
Please continue to pray for our local partners and the people of Sierra Leone.
Today we spoke with our local partners who were able to share this information:
- They are so grateful for your outpouring of support! Because of you, several water filters have already been purchased and will be distributed for those who need clean water.
- Your prayers are needed now more than ever. Another crack in the mountainside appeared today. While the previous landslide took out about five acres, this crack has the potential to take out 70 acres. People are evacuating the immediate area, and our partners are asking for your fervent prayers. Please pray that God would intervene and that the new crack would not let loose. The results would likely be devastating.
There are still many more we can help in Sierra Leone! Help us supply 300 relief kits ($63) to the community’s most vulnerable children and families. (Please designate your donation to “Sierra Leone Relief.”
As always, please continue to pray, and share these updates with your friends and family so they can pray, too.
Praise God! Our local partners in Sierra Leone have let us know that all children connected to VisionTrust programs in the community are safe. This is wonderful news, but many of these children have been gravely impacted by this disaster–some are even searching for missing family members.
Our local partners are working diligently to bring immediate relief to the community–but they need your help. Thousands still remain without clean water, food, and shelter.
What you can do:
- You can provide essentials to families and children in-need by giving a relief kit ($63) today. (Please be sure to designate your donation to “Sierra Leone Relief.”)
- Pray for the community.
- Continue to check back for updates from our local partners, and be sure to share them with your family and friends so they can join the effort. You can also follow VisionTrust on Facebook and Instagram for more.
On August 13th, a devastating mudslide swept the capital region of Freetown, killing over 400 people and displacing approximately 3,000. Officials fear that this number may actually be significantly higher, as over 600 people are currently reported as missing.
Many of the families and orphans we serve–and thousands more–remain without food, clean water, and shelter.
Right now, our Local Heroes in Sierra Leone are working diligently to assist those who need it most. Together, we can partner with them to share the love of Christ by providing the people of Sierra Leone with a timely and effective response.
Our immediate hope is to provide 300 relief kits to vulnerable community members. Once we have evaluated the extent of the damage and the needs of the children and community, we will develop a plan for long-term restoration.
You can help by providing relief kits ($63) containing clean water supplies, food rations, shelter materials, and basic hygiene items. Please designate your donation to “Sierra Leone Relief Kit.”
Impact of Current Ministry:
VisionTrust has partnered in Sierra Leone since 2012, and we currently serve over 200 children through two programs—a Learning Center and Transitional Home . We partner with local staff and volunteers who know the culture well, are committed to providing daily care to the children, and are ready to carry out relief and recovery efforts. To learn more please visit our website.