The rain has been pouring in Thailand and this has resulted in massive flooding.
1. The flood water is knee high at the hospital. Electricity is cut off so the hospital sent home ALL its patients.
2. The school is closed. The church is also flooded. VisionTrust Learning Center where our Director lives is partly flooded at one side of the land (behind the house).
3. The bridge connecting one village where 50 of our children live is broken so no one can get out from there. Food supply will be negatively affected.
4. The water is receding but the rain has not stopped.
5. Dengue fever is at one of the worst levels of incidence in years throughout Thailand. These rains and heavy flooding make it even worse.
Please pray for the safety of our children. School in Huay Malai is closed for our primary school age children but those attending high school in Kanchanaburi is still open. They have to travel up and down winding roads for about half hour to get to their school and back.
Please also pray for the health of the children because the temperature has dropped to about 21 degrees centigrade, which would be very cold for them.
Please pray for protection against dengue fever.
If you’d like an update or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include Thailand Flooding in the subject line. Thanks for praying.
Update- No rain this morning. School has reopened and the hospital is also taking in patients. Mostly, dengue patients. Everywhere muddy so safety is still a concern. Children living in the village where the bridge is broken is now has to travel by alternative route to school – a longer way by another bridge in another area.