We want the children we work with to grow up to be transformed adults who Live for God and Love Others. This not only includes the children, but our staff and everyone involved, including the parents or caregivers. Below are definable and measurable outcomes we use to be intentional about discipleship.
Definable and Measurable Outcomes
LIVE FOR GOD (2 Cor 5:15):
1. Understands the Gospel and obeys God’s Word (Joshua 1: 7-8):
The young adult knows how they are saved by grace, how to study God’s Word, and guards sound doctrine about the truth of who God is and what He desires.
2. Meets with God daily (Jeremiah 29:13):
The young adult (18-22) loves God by spending one on one time with Him, talking with Him (prayer) and listening to Him (meditating on His Word).
3. Has surrendered all to follow Jesus (Luke 9:23):
The young adult loves God by “denying self” to follow Him however God leads.
4. Will serve Christ with their work (Colossians 3:23-24)
The young adult understands how they can honor God with their work (no matter what it is) and do it to the best of their ability to please Him.
LOVE OTHERS (LUKE 10:25-37):
5. Will share the gospel and disciple others (2 Timothy 2:2):
The young adult will know how to share their faith and have a vision and understanding of how to “make disciples who make disciples who make disciples”.
6. Will have a heart to help those in need (Luke 10:25-37):
The young adult will have a heart to use their time, talents and resources to love those in need and those suffering around them.
7. Will love their spouse (Ephesians 5:22-33):
The young adult knows how to be a loving and faithful husband or wife, and strives to keep themselves from all immorality.
8. Will love their children (1 Tim 3:2-5):
The young adult understands their calling/responsibility from the Lord to love their children and raise them up in the Lord.