We praise God for the work He has done in Nepal since the earthquake. Relief kits have been provided to 600 families in the remote areas of Ghorka and Dhading, 130 children are being served through three VisionTrust Learning Centers, three additional Learning Centers just opened, a new church building has been built, and eight people have received new life in Christ. God is good!
Here’s what’s going on in the communities we serve in Nepal and how you can continue to pray.
- Eight new believers took huge steps of faith and were instrumental in the completion of a new church building.
- During a recent national holiday, our Local Leaders shared the love of Jesus while distributing deworming medicine and 50 new t-shirts to students at the Learning Center as part of a health awareness program.
- Kitchen utensils have been purchased for the Learning Center so meals can be prepared, but a functional kitchen and bathroom are still needed.
- The two Learning Centers are running smoothly and even a sports team has been formed!
- A serious health need was met by the construction of 10 community bathrooms for more than 55 families living in the village.
Northern Dhading District
- Three new Learning Centers officially began in October.
- Despite the country’s fuel shortage, VisionTrust staff was able to visit this difficult-to-reach area and identify 200 more families for relief kit distribution.
HOW YOU CAN PRAY
- The fuel shortage in Nepal – The worsening political situation has caused extreme gas and food shortages, forcing schools and many businesses to close.This is a huge issue currently effecting the entire country. Pray for peace in Nepal and the Lord’s provision during this difficult time.
- The rebuilding program – The earthquake damaged or destroyed many homes and the rebuilding process has been slow so far. Pray for all the resources needed to rebuild 150 homes, five churches, and five schools. Also pray for the safety of families living in temporary shelters as winter sets in.
- Reaching more families in need – Local VisionTrust leaders and staff are still working to distribute more relief kits, but the weather, terrain, and fuel shortage has made it extremely challenging. Pray the Lord would provide a vehicle and gas to aid in these efforts.
- Spiritual warfare – Pray the hearts of the children and villagers would be open and receptive to the Gospel.